Last weekend on Saturday, Kaizer Chiefs FC faced Golden Arrows FC and Chiefs lost 2-1. The mentioned game has been analysed by top analyser, revealing and exposing what went wrong and what should have happened. This analysis are from Calvary Best of Chiefs page. The analysis bellow;
• I’d be so unfair to judge Cavin Johnson in his first match, I will applaud him instead. This was the most energetic Kaizer Chiefs I’ve ever seen since the start of the season, especially the first half.
• There aren’t many things to talk about, starting by team’s selection Dolly is not working out as a winger, he fits in the no.10 role and I kinda find it difficult to make him run the sides while he’s still trying to come back from an injury. Mdu Shabalala will be a star, he played his heart out. Coming from deep/wide.
• Shabalala was my man of the match. We had a good ball rotation, I’ve always complained that under Ntseki we were just passing the ball moving it around with no intention. When applying ball rotation you do it to move an opponent not the actual ball. That’s where Mdu comes in, He forced his way in with 1 v 1s, quick touches to try play in half spaces, and finding Midfielders through pockets. Credit to coach Johnson, it was my first time seeing Chiefs moving the ball in such way, with more time with the team we will be okay.
• I loved how we applied position variation between OX & Castillo, I saw it multiple times when Stillo is up Ox sits, when OX pushes Stillo drops. Njabulo Ngcobo added with overloading the mid looking for pockets or finding our wide players. However, I’m not happy with our Midfielders reaction when we lose the ball. They tend to walk and not to be quick to close down an opponent and suffocate them. We gave them too much room to think on the ball & never applied pressure. OX is a DM & should be ruthless & aggressive towards opponents but I didn’t see that.
• God forbid, only Maart’s role that I didn’t understand maybe they’re trying to give him a free role but I didn’t see what he was doing. It should’ve been Matlou/Ngcobo12 instead. That position needs you to move into creative positions to unlock defense. you should look to move into pockets of space between defenders where possible. Unfortunately he was either going back all the time or wide while Saile is anticipating the ball from him sometimes. He doesn’t scan the runners but passes where he’s facing or turn back. He delayed many possible attacks which could’ve done us good. Another thing he’s shouting at players, giving up easily on duels and his body language says something different. I’m disappointed.
• Some said Ditlhokwe was wrong for passing back to Petersen. I disagree. Football basics, when you mark someone you close them from where they have options or from their stronger foot. Look at the clip again, Ditlhokwe realized Arrows player pressed him on his right where there’s Hlanti as an option. Had he played the ball the it was gonna be taken, the only option was Brandon, and he chose to be a dancer as usual instead of kicking it forward or make a corner instead.
• in the final third we lack calmness, we had a few chances we should have buried but the panic button. Also Attacking Mid should be able to link the attackers with the whole team but we didn’t have that bcs it was Maart opting to play otherwise. Shabba tried, Dolly was out & Saile needs to be calmer. We had about 19 goal attempts, with more time maybe we’ll see something.
• Our defense is okay, we’re being let down by the middle. Honestly we haven’t found a way to suffocate teams. If our Mid is easily bypassed, the defense is gonna work overtime and will eventually crack under pressure. It’s like every attack Arrows had reached our defense. That’s dangerous, also Hlanti doesn’t have the best technique that we’d want but he didn’t have a bad game.
• The subs killed our momentum, Taking out Saile made them relax a bit, Solomons didn’t have an impact at all we needed more of a creative player and maybe someone who can take long range shots. But that was a better display. I wish we can give Cavin Johnson a chance coz I honestly saw what he was tryna do except for the subs. But for me personally, that’s a Kaizer Chiefs FC. Patience is needed.
BRANDON PETERSEN MUST SIT ON THE BENCH ! WE’RE TIRED OF HIM!