There are some allegations that there is a division in Kaizer Chiefs FC camp that started growing under the former head coach of Amakhosi Arthur Zwane.
On this article, after reading, you will be knowing what’s happening at Chiefs. According to Calvary Best of Chiefs reports, he is what he said reading the division. Here is what he said;
• On previous analysis vs Capetown Spurs FC I spoke about that I wish to know how far Dr Henning Gericke (Sports psychologist) is with his job. Chiefs players are suffering from supporters, media & social media pressure. They’re just not fit mentally, which leads to lack of concentration on the field.
• Lapse of concentration make them panic bcs they playing while thinking what’s being said about them. Which leads to them making wrong decisions, playing with fear and be afraid of taking responsibility bcs they’re now too cautious they don’t wanna make mistakes. Perfect example is Dove, he was our best player last season but I can’t say the same now. He made a lot of blunders in a Derby, you could see pressure is over him.
• I’d say the same with Mthethwa, Derby was too big for him mentally, not him alone but also others.
• There’s seem to be a division amongst our players, they don’t play like a team, they don’t play like they train together. It’s like they’re surprised on match day that “Oh, this one is my teammate ” there’s too much individual problem and I don’t think it’s bcs they wanna shine alone but it’s just pressure of wanting things to happen. Unfortunately it doesn’t benefit the team but make things even more worse. Chiefs players don’t pass the ball to each other especially in the final third. We get to good positions but lack teamwork.. not unless with defenders! We’re specialists in making backpasses.
• This goes far to affect the team bcs even when we defend we don’t seem to help one another. Too much ball watching, no pressing when we lose the ball, no sense of agency to protect our goal but they just walk and rely on our center backs and honestly they can’t keep on taking pressure alone. At some point they’ll break and we gonna get scored bcs there’s no teamwork.
• There was even a moment where Samkelo Zwane fought for the ball, so close to winning it but they just stood there and watched him that’s when I said I rest my case with this team.
• Division! Players throwing tantrums to one another really broke my heart! Attitude is baaaaad in that team. God forbid but the way I see it it’s more of a race/tribalism issue. Coloureds are vibing alone, The Yusuf Maarts, Du Preez, Solomons.. etc. Zulus vibing alone, Nj Ngcobo, Sithebe, Mthethwa.. etc, Tsonga & Portuguese, Bvuma, Kwinika, Dove, I will add Matlou on the list. Basotho ones, Mmodi Potsane, etc. Then the Development graduates, Ngcobo, Mashiane, Duba , Mdu, Zwane..etc. Dolly, Castillo, Khune are for everyone but Castillo slightly joins the Portuguese ones bcs of Dove, Matlou, and the language, González is always with the Development kids. I once spoke about Yusuf Maart and Du Preez.. Unfortunately it’s affecting the bloody team !!! And it’s disgusting!
• That’s the reason why Maart was throwing tantrums! Reason why Ranga was doing the same! They don’t appreciate and encourage each other! Ngcobo Mshini even got pissed of Yusuf Maart & threw hands at him but Khune comforted him. We will never go anywhere with this kind of attitude! That’s why we need a big coach who will come there and change that dressing room! Unfortunately previous coaches ruined it due to favouritism now these are results bcs there are players who think they’re bigger than the other.
• Yes we came with a bad set-up going to a Derby but that’s not the main reason we lost a match. It’s because of Lack of teamwork, Psychology and Division. We need a different technical team ASAP! Or else We might as well just forget.