Most of Kaizer Chiefs FC fans have been praising George Matlou for what he is doing when given minutes in the field.
Apart from that, Kaizer Chiefs FC goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune has sent a message to George Matlou for what he has been doing. Here is what Khune said;
“Play for the name on the front of your jersey and people will start remembering the name on the back. @lgmatlou respect.” – Khune said.
In other news, here are analysis on Yusuf Mart from Calvary Best of Chiefs;
• I know a lot of people won’t agree with me, but it’s okay to agree to disagree it’s all our opinions. But I looked at this for quite some time from Analysis perspective. When I shared it with someone, they told me they see it too.
• Yusuf Maart is a good player with all the talent you’d look for in a player. According to midfield analysis, in your team you need midfielders who can be ball carriers & midfielders are used for ball progression. Ball carriers hold on longer onto the ball & awaits for teammates to be in better position.
• Then they release the ball in most cases to ball progression Midfielders (next to them) to progress our attack & lead to goals/to anyone who can provide goal scorers. (One of the seasons Sithebe was used last season). And in Yusuf Maart you find all those qualities in him, but does he use that better? Or in our favour? No! I don’t think so.
• Yusuf is a close friend with Ashley Du Preez on & off the field. I love their friendship, it’s good for players to get along so that they have chemistry. It makes it easier to understand each other on the field. However, I have a problem with their friendship on the field somehow it doesn’t help Ashley Du preez’s progress, it kills him instead. I’ve watched this from last season.
• Yusuf Maart doesn’t pass the ball according to his midfielder duties. He’s doing all good but doesn’t help us play in the middle, instead he’s always looking for Ashley even when he’s in awkward positions I watched Caleb & Saile running into good spaces last season anticipated the ball from Maart but it was played to Du Preez instead. And it’s not stopping.
• Maart plays unnecessary long balls even when there are players next to him waiting to play & go forward but he always opts for Du Preez even in wrong positions, which leads to Du Preez look like he’s chasing shadows at times and it drains his energy levels because he has to run even when unnecessary. Maart is still doing that, Trying to make his friend shine.
• Du Preez came as a transition player, but he was improved by Chiefs. We saw Ashley not losing the ball anymore, able to drop back & play 1 twos with other players, even creates chances for other players to score. But now he’s getting back to being a roadrunner & it’s draining him… He’s suppose to chase balls when there’s no need. We don’t need a tired Ashley bcs he’s our best player we rely on him. But Maart is somehow killing him.
• Which is danger to Maart bcs we have Mthethwa now, who’s not that gifted with playing long accurate balls. He’s gonna come on, win the ball for us and play with other players in the middle and we gonna see good ball progression going up front and we gonna look decent without him. Don’t get me wrong, Maart is needed in that team for his talent, energy, fighting spirit and all but I’d love to see him not using friendship too much on the field. We should play for the team, We’re Kaizer Chiefs.