According to Masiu Media, Kaizer Chiefs FC has been pushing hard behind the doors with the aim of signing the highly rated Stellenbosch Football Club defensive midfielder Sibongiseni Mthethwa. According to the mentioned media sources, Chiefs was given an offer, they are willing to give Stellies two players and a cash of 10 million.
If Stellenbosch FC accept Chiefs offer we might see Happy Mashiane and Sinethemba Sithebe leaving Amakhosi, going straight to Steve Barker’s side. Apart from that, it’s Mthethwa’s birthday today and Stellies media team is yet to wish him a happy birthday but they have wished one of their development structures member a happy birthday. Is that a hint?
Mthethwa’s contract with Stellenbosch FC end next year, there is an option to extend it however.
“Amakhosi fans, are you ready to welcome Mthethwa?” – Masiu Media asks.
In other news, below we have shared all accurate analysis from Calvary Best of Chiefs page fro Chiefs VS Royal AM’s game.
WWE Analysis Vs Royal AM with Calvary Best Of Chiefs(0 – 0):
• One would say we shouldn’t be talking about a Not-not draw match, but I’d say let’s look at the positives & the negatives the FIFA break came with for our team !
• There’s been a lot of complaints about how we don’t combine & fail to have at least 5 touches. What the team worked on was being able to hold more onto the ball which I think we achieved.
• Bringing in Matlou was trying to have balance in the middle as he’s a player who likes playing a lot in pockets, arrogant & loves 1 – 2 touches, doesn’t lose the ball and has accuracy! Also it freed Mart not to do a lot alone but rather focusing on position 6 only as Castillo was playing in an advanced position most of the game(which I don’t think worked, Castillo is a DM for me , I still say)
• What I should applaud from the coach is the tactical/positional variation guys! I myself was somehow confused who’s playing which position at Chiefs look at the pictures, F 1 & F 2! The interchanging of positions was mind-blowing I saw our fullbacks inverting in the middle to bring in stability bcz Royal AM is a club that will hurt you in pockets & coming at you direct in the middle. We deployed Hlanti & Zitha to take that role whenever Castillo is high up & Mart in wide areas. Ntseki is cooking something!
• Hlanti would be high up, Castillo wide, Mmodi drops deep to collect the balls from Ditlhokwe who’s very good with overloading the middle & launch those beauty passes soon as he reaches the center-line. It was a mixture that I’m sure it gives headache to the opponents, because when they target certain players in certain areas of the field they’ll fail because they find different players in the same position, like finding Ditlhokwe at the left back closing the spaces left by Hlanti that the opponents want to exploit … While Mart as a 6 takes a Center back role left by Ditlhokwe with Msimango next to him.
• We played well, we did all we could to win the match but luck wasn’t on our side! We’ve improved in players knowing their roles, ball position/rotation.. However, I have a problem with our players not making enough moves to avail themselves when we’re on the ball, maybe it’s because it’s still something new , but they hide a lot behind opponents. I saw Ditlhokwe & Castillo shouting at them at times that they don’t give options. I don’t like a player who passes the ball and stand! Pass the ball and move! Give your teammate 3 options! Which Matlou did well on that, check the Frames there.. I followed his movements and he was outstanding! If all the players can join & get to understand that, we’ll be deadly upfront because that’s where we lacked a lot when it comes to rotation.
• Mmodi & Du Preez tried their best but at times they try to do a lot and forget that they have teammates. Mmodi cost us chances where he should have rolled the ball for teammates who made runs. Du Preez was just not himself on the day, he looked down & tired. Yes he tried but it didn’t go well, he missed a lot of chances, but heads up to the boy it happens. Post match interview Coach Ntseki said that they gonna work on decision making because they did everything right except for those small mistakes.
• Majority don’t like seeing Kwinika ahead of Reeve, but the coach seems it very important to keep stability at the back and not to concede goals in the first half since Zitha is not a player who gives you a lot going forward but can give you something when we defend. That’s why second half he introduced Frosler to add more mobility & adding numbers when we attack. Maybe that has worked because in the last 4 matches we played we only conceded 1 goal, and scored 6.
• González played well, he has the pass in him, he has good runs, he has the body to shield the ball and wait for players to join. However, he’s got to understand that this league is a bit faster and he has to up his pace. But he was good as our point of reference, both in the box & in wide areas. He has a room to improve though, it was his first start at Chiefs & in the league. Let’s give him time, I saw a quality header on target that was delivered by Matlou and I said that whenever he starts, Reeve should start as well for those quality crosses so he can benefit.
• Saile gives us width up front, he’s a player who doesn’t need to combine a lot but he has his ways of forcing an attack until he gets what he wants. He’s a bully, runner , and good crosses he’s delivering I’m starting to see it’s unfortunate that Du Preez didn’t get that ball on target. Saile also hit the crossbar coming from the right, I love how they switch sides to confuse defenders & try search for an easy way in.
• I love Mdu Shabalala! I was hyping him a lot last season. However, I’m not gonna compliment him this season until he becomes a team player.. he’s forever wanting to play for fans instead of playing for the team! In most cases he wants to do everything himself, even in awkward position/areas of the field he wants to shoot and waste chances. But I just trust Ntseki’s intelligence that he will fix him.
• Petersen’s small mistakes are going to cost us one day, he sometimes sleeps. But 3 weeks ago I spoke to a certain coach and he told me that it’s something they were taught as coaches that any team in the world that starts the ball from the back should be ready to give away mistake goals anytime. And they won’t send keepers on the bench for that because teams plan for you when they know you build from the back and set-up pressing traps. And if they got it right there’s nothing you can do. So I won’t be hard on Brandon, he’s just unlucky sometimes though we were luck this time not to concede.
• Overall, this team is improving.
Balance in the middle, a bit more goal attempts, a bit solid at the back even though there’s still a room to be better.. but for conceding 1 goal in 4 matches & scoring 6? Means we’re doing something right. And I’m happy with how Players are managed, everyone deserves a chance! So that when someone gets injured you have ready player from the bench & the stands. If we keep Saturday’s performance & Application, we will be top very soon.